It is recommended that iPhone users keep the GPS function of their phone turned off for security purposes.. Although GPS is a very useful tool that allows us to obtain precise location information, it can present risks if not used properly.
One of the main reasons for turning off the GPS function is avoid the risk of being tracked without our knowledge. Sometimes there may be malicious applications or people with malicious intent that try to track our location without consent. This may jeopardize our privacy and personal security.
By keeping GPS turned off, we prevent third parties from having access to our exact location in real time. This is especially important if we consider situations in which we may be harassed, persecuted or threatened. By turning GPS off, we limit the ability to be found accurately and provide an extra layer of protection.
Besides, Turning off GPS can also help protect against certain types of cyberattacks.. Some hackers or cybercriminals can take advantage of vulnerabilities in the GPS function to access our personal information or carry out unauthorized actions. By disabling GPS, we reduce the chances of falling victim to these attacks and protect our sensitive information.
It’s important to put attention on turning off GPS can limit some of the location features and services on our iPhones. However, we can always activate it when necessary and make sure that only trusted applications have access to our location.
To disable the GPS feature on an iPhone, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone. You can find it on the home screen, usually represented by a gear icon.
2. Scroll down and look for the “Privacy” option. Tap on it to access the device’s privacy settings.
3. Once in the “Privacy” section, you will see a list of privacy options. Find and select “Location”.
4. On the “Location” screen, you will find the “Location Services” option at the top. Tap on it to access the location services settings.
5. You will see a list of apps that use GPS. Here you can adjust the settings of each of them. If you want to completely disable GPS, you can tap the “Location Services” option at the top to turn it off for all apps.
6. If you prefer to disable GPS only for specific apps, you can tap each one and select the “Never” option instead of “While using the app” or “Always”. This will prevent those apps from accessing your location when you’re not using them.
Remember that, Disabling GPS may affect some location-dependent features and applications. If you need to use any app that requires the GPS feature, you can simply turn it back on by following the same steps and selecting the appropriate settings.
– The three best GPS locators for your car
– Null Island: this is the reason why any navigation app shows you the map of Africa when starting the GPS
– How GPS became invaluable in just 3 decades (and why the risk of failure is so daunting)
Source: La Opinion